Hello everyone and welcome to my stop on the “Love Song” tour.
What I love about this post?!
Well the answer is “the title” actually. While I was prepping for that post, I attempted to travel back in time to my “seventeen” and it is a total blur. I actually wonder if that time was traumatic as I can’t really remember that period of my life. In any case, I am sure that there are a few things I wished I’d known at that age and about love at seventeen in particular. Sophia is sharing her thoughts with us below.
Things I wish I’d known about love at 17
At seventeen, I was desperate for a life-changing relationship, but that didn’t happen. I wish I’d known that at eighteen I would meet a boy who I’d fall in love with at 21, and that we would spend several weeks in Venice being poor and passionate, and it would make up for all the time I’d missed. Meanwhile, my love life was largely theoretical, but nevertheless complicated and painful. Here are the other things I wish I’d known …
1. The way you feel now about life and love is as deep as it will ever feel, and as good and as bad as it will ever get. Ride this moment, because its joys and heartbreaks will make you who you are. But don’t worry if it all seems too much sometimes – it gets easier.
2. Boys are actually as shy and self-doubting as girls. I know this seems impossible to imagine, looking at them now, but they’re as confused about all this as you are.
3. Cringe-making as discussing all this stuff is, it’s worth knowing a really good, really sympathetic doctor. And if you’re worried about something, get it checked out fast. You know what I’m talking about here.
4. The love you have for your friends and family, and theirs for you, is just as important as what you feel for ‘the one’. Not as exciting, but just as real.
5. You might not meet your soulmate until you are twice the age you are now, which seems beyond ancient and tragic to you now, but it will be worth it, and you will be OK.
6. Just to repeat, you will be OK.
Thank you Sophia!
Now, what do you wish you knew at 17?
And now for the 24hr only Giveaway just follow the Tweet